Passions & Interests
Math Support For all students
We have the opportunity and responsibility to work together to build math support for ALL of our students. I believe in inclusion and I love being a part of this district goal.
We are committed to challenging all of our students to explore mathematics in ways that will create the next generation of world-class problem solvers. I love working alongside our teachers to develop the instructional strategies to achieve this goal.
21st century Learning
Our students are ready to move from consumers to creators. Our students are ready to incorporate the technologies of today to enhance their learning for the jobs of tomorrow. I am excited to collaborate with my colleagues and all of our students so we can learn together and open up the walls of our classrooms and find our way to new heights.
In looking for a coach, consider your goals, personality, teaching philosophy, and areas of interest in order to make the perfect match.
- I believe the development of belonging is first and foremost to create a safe learning community within the classroom.
- I believe that mathematics is a language and fluency is built through daily engagement in reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- I believe in providing students with Alone Think Time and using all available resources to empower all of our students to conceptually understand the CA Mathematics Standards.
- I believe there's a need for emphasizing multiple approaches to problem solving, allowing all students to have a voice in the classroom.
- I believe in fostering a growth mindset and that mistakes are beautiful opportunities to generate more mathematics and increase levels of mathematical discourse.
- I believe every teacher has the ability to improve a child's confidence in mathematics with patience and encouragement.